This tutorial shows you how to set dynamic analysis metadata from unit or functional test test cases. The process is very similar to the one described in the How to Update Static Analysis Violations tutorial. The primary difference is that this example uses different DTP REST APIs. The following APIs are used in this example:
- GET /v1.2/dynamicAnalysisTestCases
- POST /v1.4/dynamicAnalysisTestCases/metadata
In this tutorial:
- DTP and Extension Designer must be configured correctly. See Server Settings.
- DTP should have collected dynamic analysis data from a Parasoft code analysis and test execution tool (i.e., C/C++test, dotTEST, or Jtest).
Setting Up the Examples
- Get the build ID for a dynamic analysis execution (Tests) from the Build Administration page in DTP. This page is accessible from the Build Administration - Statistics widget. See Using Build Administration for additional information. Make sure that the build contains tests and has test data details associated with it.
- Click on a an existing service or create a new service in Extension Designer (see Working with Services).
- Create a new flow (see Working with Flows) and choose Import> Library> Examples> Dynamic Analysis Prioritization from the Extension Designer menu.
- Click Deploy and double click the set flow.buildID node.
- Enter the build ID value in the to field and click Done.
- Deploy the updated flow to finish preparing the example.
If you need additional help understanding how a node works, you can click on the node to view its documentation in the Info tab.
All examples are nearly identical to the examples in the How to Update Static Analysis Violations tutorial. Follow that tutorial replacing the static analysis DTP REST API with the dynamic analysis API. See the API documentation for /dynamicAnalysisTestCases/metadata for options.