What's New in DTP Enterprise Pack 5.3.3
Improvements to the MISRA Compliance Pack DTP Workflow
The MISRA Compliance Pack is a suite of assets that help organizations demonstrate compliance with MISRA C:2012 guidelines. We've made several improvements to the compliance pack in this release, including enhanced widgets and easier deployment. See MISRA Compliance Pack for DTP 5.3.3.
Requirements Traceability Report for JIRA
Leveraging the new DTP requirements traceability rest API, this report provides pass/fail information about tests and performs additional correlation that extend traceability from your quality artifacts to your JIRA system. The report is shipped with a new widget for visualizing the traceability data.
The report supports JIRA out of the box, but Parasoft Professional Services can leverage REST APIs to integrate with other systems of record, such as DOORS and Polarion.
This artifact replaces the Traceability Report, which is no longer supported.
Parameter Values Endpoint
The new Parameter Values endpoint node improves usability by simplifying the process of creating custom widgets. The endpoint node also includes a new interface for generating new UUIDs, which ensures that widgets do not conflict with any other endpoints in the service. See the Creating Custom DTP Widgets Using Extension Designer tutorial for information on how to use this node.
Additional Widgets and Components
The following components were added or improved in this release:
- Heat/tree map: This building block helps you create a custom heat or tree map widget. See Pre-built Components and Parameters.
- Policy Center Gate widget: This widget replaces the native DTP Policy Center widget. See Policy Center Gate Summary Widget 2.1.
Full Support for Reverse Proxy Environments
Reverse proxies are sometimes used to ensure high availability or strengthen network security. The reverse proxy configuration interface greatly eases the pain of integrating DTP Enterprise Pack into your development environment. See Reverse Proxy.
Additional Infrastructure Improvements
- New backup, restore, and upgrade processes. See the subsections in the Installation chapter.
- Enhanced system shut down operation (see Starting and Stopping Applications).
- New status operation for verifying the state of all DTP Enterprise Pack components (see Starting and Stopping Applications).
- Integration with aliases with CORS whitelist. See Network Settings.
- Safari browser support.
Improved Application Navigation
We've implemented greater consistency navigating core DTP functionality and DTP Enterprise Pack applications, including the following changes:
- Admin settings have been moved to the Settings (gear icon) menu.
- Enhanced server and network configuration settings page.