In this release we have greatly enhanced the API Testing and Service Virtualization modules in our thin client interface. This interface enables teams to quickly initiate testing projects and enables the entire test and development community to create test cases and virtual services through the intuitive browser interface. This functionality is powered by the SOAtest and Virtualize servers and can be easily deployed via Docker and cloud platforms.
New Tools and Workflows
This release includes new tools and significant enhancements to the thin client interface for API Testing (powered by SOAtest) and Service Virtualization (powered by Virtualize).
- Requirement Traceability: You can now associate requirements with tests and suites. See Associating Requirements with Tests.
- Ability to enable and disable tools, test clients, and responders. See Enabling and Disabling Tools.
- Ability to quickly execute tests directly from the test scenario tree.
- New Data Generator tool: This tool allows you to dynamically generate test data in any combination to seed data for use in your tests and virtual services.
- Extensions Tool: This tool enables you to interface with the Extensibility API and extend tests with actions that may not be directly supported by built-in features. See Extensions Tool for details.
- DB Client: This tool enables you to query databases to validate statements. See DB Client for details.
- REST URL Databank Tool: This tool enables you to extract the following values from a REST URL and store them in a data bank. See REST URL Data Bank for details.*
- Write Tool: Easily convert output data into files. See Write File for details.
Support for RAML 1.0
The API Testing and Service Virtualization modules can now consume API data from latest RAML definition, extending our support for the latest advancements in development specifications for RESTful services.
Expanded Cloud Deployment Options
Preconfigured deployment images for CTP and Virtualize are now available in both the Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure marketplaces. These images can be licensed either 'on-demand' (managed by the marketplace) or via 'bring your own license' (BYOL).
The following issues were resolved in this update:
|CTP API call that returns jobs based on systemID parameter
|Shallow lock for System Diagram
|Database errors in ActiveMQ thread when responders have long names
|Environment Instance Dropdown does not properly change instance display
|No visual indication of currently provisioned environment instance
|Anonymous access users in CTP can alter artifacts
|Tomcat Error file Piling with duplicate key Error
|All Tests Receive the Status "Failed" if One Test Fails
*For Service Virtualization only; requires Parasoft Virtualize 9.10.2 or higher.