- Ensure that you have downloaded the latest CTP package.
- (Recommended) Back up your database as described in Database ConfigurationBackup, Re-Creation, and Porting.
- Shut down the Tomcat running the earlier version.
- In your Tomcat installation, navigate to
- Delete your existing license file.
- (If using a MySQL or Oracle database) Copy the
ojdbcjar file from
WEB-INF/lib/to a temporary location.
/work/Catalina/localhost/em/. Note that all useful information (besides the license) is persisted in the database.
- Move the existing
em.warto your temporary location. Keep the backups outside of the
/webapps/folder so Tomcat doesn’t try to use them.
- (Optional) Reset persisted data from the database (create a backup first):
Delete the hsqldb files for CTP and create them again in the web UI.
Drop the database and create a new one with the
mysql_db.sqlscript from EM.2.7:
mysql –u root –p
drop database em;
Drop the database and create a new one as follows:
sqlplus SYS AS SYSDBA
DROP TABLESPACE EM_TEMP INCLUDING CONTENTS AND DATAFILES;
DROP TABLESPACE EM_DATA INCLUDING CONTENTS AND DATAFILES;
DROP USER EM CASCADE;
Contact your Oracle DBA for assistance.