The following instructions assume that you have active systems in place. The upgrade will not impact these systems, environments, and components.
Uninstalling the Earlier Version
- Ensure that you have downloaded the latest CTP package.
- (Recommended) Back up your database as described in Database Backup, Re-Creation, and Porting.
- Shut down the Tomcat running the earlier version.
- In your Tomcat installation, navigate to
- Delete your existing license file.
- (If using a MySQL or Oracle database) Copy the
ojdbcjar file from
WEB-INF/lib/to a temporary location.
/work/Catalina/localhost/em/. Note that all useful information (besides the license) is persisted in the database.
- Move the existing
em.warto your temporary location. Keep the backups outside of the
/webapps/folder so Tomcat doesn’t try to use them.
- (Optional) Reset persisted data from the database (create a backup first):
Delete the hsqldb files for CTP and create them again in the web UI.
Drop the database and create a new one with the
mysql_db.sqlscript from EM.2.7:
mysql –u root –p
drop database em;
Drop the database and create a new one as follows:
sqlplus SYS AS SYSDBA
DROP TABLESPACE EM_TEMP INCLUDING CONTENTS AND DATAFILES;
DROP TABLESPACE EM_DATA INCLUDING CONTENTS AND DATAFILES;
DROP USER EM CASCADE;
Contact your Oracle DBA for assistance.
- Place the new em.war in the
- Start Tomcat.
- Replace the license file in
/webapps/em/ with your new CTP 3.x license file.
- (If using a MySQL or Oracle database) Restore the
ojdbcjar file you copied in step 6 above to
- Restart Tomcat.
- When prompted, save the existing license.
Updating the Database
- Choose Administration> Database Configuration.
- Click the Update button under the Database Updates section.
If you do not see the Update section and button, this means that no update is required.
Connecting to Your Virtualize/SOAtest Server
See Integrating Virtualize Server and/or SOAtest Server with CTP.