You can preserve your users database by backing up the database files. Backing up the users database is recommended if you are upgrading to a new version of DTP or as a precaution if need to make system changes.
- Stop DTP server and Data Collector. See Stopping DTP Services.
- Make a copy of the <DTP_INSTALL>/pstsec/db folder. This folder contains the following files:
- Restart DTP Services (see Starting DTP Services).
Migrating Users Database Backup
The following instructions describe how to migrate a backed up user database to a second instance of DTP:
- Make a backup of original machine's users database as described above.
- Stop the destination machine's instance of DTP server and Data Collector.
- As a precaution, make a back up copy of the <DTP_INSTALL>/pstsec/db folder on the destination machine.
- Delete the <DTP_INSTALL>/pstsec/db folder on the destination machine.
- Copy the contents of the original machine's <DTP_INSTALL>/pstsec/db folder to the corollary location on the destination machine.
- Start DTP and Data Collector on the destination server. See Starting DTP Services.