You can review the status of upcoming and historical gates in the Projects page.
In this section:
The status of a gate's various policies is indicated by coloring segments of the gate's "donut" image. For example, the following gate indicates the status of 7 associated policies (4 unstable, 1 success, 1 failure, 1 no data):
Each policy's status is indicated as follows:
- Green (Success): Policy expectations were measured and satisfied. For a policy to succeed, none of its practices can have an Error, Unstable, No Data, or Refreshing status.
- Red (Error): Policy expectations were measured, but not satisfied. If any practice in a policy fails, the entire policy is considered to have failed.
- Yellow (Unstable): Policy measurements are unstable. For example, the coverage practice may be configured so that average coverage results in Unstable status (vs. "success" for good coverage and "error" for poor coverage). If any practice in a policy is unstable, the Unstable status is applied to the entire policy (unless another practice fails, in which case an Error status is applied to the policy).
- Gray (No Data): Policy was not completely measured. The No Data status applies to policies with the following conditions:
- At least one practice has no data
- No practices with an Error, Unstable, or Refreshing status
- Spinning Circle (Refreshing): Policy is still being calculated. If any practice in a policy is still being calculated, the Refreshing status is applied to the entire policy.
The overall gate status is calculated using the following process, and indicated with an icon in the middle of the gate's "donut" image.
Compliance with all Policies
If the build is in compliance with all policies, the gate status is set to Success and the following icon displays:
Non-compliance with a Policy
If any policy has an Error status, the build is out of compliance and the gate status is set to Error. This is marked with the following icon:
If the data for any policy is still being processed, the gate status is set to Refreshing. This is marked with a gray spinning circle icon in the middle of the donut:
If any policy has an Unstable status, the gate status is Unstable. This is marked with the following icon:
No Data for Policy
If none of the above conditions apply, the gate status is set to No Data. The No Data status applies to policies with the following conditions:
- At least one practice has no data
- No practices have an Error, Unstable, or Refreshing status
The No Data status is marked with the following icon:
To get a per-policy status breakdown, hover over the gate icon.
For additional details, see the policy information provided in the lower portion of the page.
Filtering by Policy Status
By default, the gate details show the status of all associated policies. If you want to hide results for one or more policy status types, use the filter buttons at the top of the gate page.
To show previously-hidden policy types, just toggle the appropriate filter button.
Checking Status for a Different Date
For upcoming gates, the status icons indicate how well the project is satisfying the gate's policies. This helps you determine how much work is required to meet the expectations by the assigned date. You can navigate the timeline in different ways:
- If you want to view historical data, you can drag the gate to date whose data you want to view.
- In the timeline, you can zoom in and out of the time horizon, as well as drag it left and right.
- In the policy details section, click within each box to show or hide details.