This edition of C++test is a Visual Studio plugin; it installs into Visual Studio and operates within the Visual Studio IDE.
- One of the following platforms:
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 (with an x86-compatible processor).
- Windows 7 x64, Windows 8 x64, Windows 10x64, Windows Server 2008 x64 (with an x86_64-compatible processor), Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016
- 4MB memory minimum, 8G recommended
- 1GHz or faster processor
- Visual Studio 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015, or 2017
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
Windows and notes
- Installation and initial run must be performed by a user with Administrator privileges.
- When running C++test, you must have write access to the directory containing the testing solution and project. Specifically, if you are using a non-Administrator account, you have to copy C++test example projects from the 'Program Files' location into the user directory and run the tests on the copied projects.
- The C++test CLI executable (cpptestcli.exe) should be executed from a directory with write access (because the working directory is the default location in which C++test generates the report after tests).
- If your machine-id is WIN32-0, remove the file located in <DRIVE>:\Users\<USER_NAME>\.parasoft\C++Test\10.x\license
C++test does not integrate with Visual Studio Express Edition.