Parasoft Virtualize simulates the behavior of systems that are still evolving, hard to access, or difficult to configure for development or testing.
Test environment access constraints have become a significant barrier to delivering quality software efficiently
- Agile and parallel development teams inevitably reach deadlocks as different teams are simultaneously working on interconnected system components—and each team needs to access the others' components in order to complete its own development and testing tasks.
- Performance test engineers need to test vs. realistic transaction performance from dependent applications (3rd party services, mainframes, packaged apps, etc.), but it's often unfeasible to set up such conditions.
- End-to-end functional testing is stymied by the difficulty of accessing all of the necessary dependencies—with the configurations you need to test against—at a single, convenient, and lengthy enough time.
Parasoft Virtualize’s service virtualization provides access to the dependencies that are beyond your control, still evolving, or too complex to configure in a virtual test lab. For example, this might include third-party services (credit check, payment processing, etc.), mainframes and SAP or other ERPs. With service virtualization, you don’t have to virtualize an entire system when you need to access only a fraction of its available functionality. As you naturally exercise the application under test, Parasoft captures interactions with dependencies and converts this behavior into flexible “virtual assets” with easily-configurable response parameters (e.g., performance, test data and response logic). Sophisticated virtual assets can be created and provisioned for role-based access in a matter of minutes.
With Parasoft Virtualize, you and your team can:
- Start testing whenever you're ready.
- Rapidly configure the environment conditions critical to your test plan.
- Complete the desired breadth and volume of tests.
- Confidently promote the application under test to the next level.