This topic explains important changes between versions 9.x and 10.x.
In this section:
Upgraded Static Analysis
Code Parsing Problems
The default for analyzing files with parse errors has changed. In 9.x, the "Analyze files with parse errors" option was disabled by default and no results were reported for files with parse errors. This option has been replaced with the "Code Parsing Problems" option that is by default set to ignore any parse problems and report Static Analysis findings for all files in the scope. See Static Tab Settings - Defining How Static Analysis is Performed for details.
New and Updated Static Analysis Rules
The static analysis rules shipped with C++test 10.x have been updated to include new rules and improve the efficacy of results reported by Static Analysis and Flow Analysis. C++test 10.x offers complete coverage for the MISRA C:2012 standard, as well as C++11, C++14, C++17 and CERT C. See Release Notes for more details.
- Eclipse projects that share the same file(s) (for example, if your projects include the same linked resources) should be analyzed in separate runs to ensure that results are reported for both projects.
- Static Analysis results are reported after the analysis is completed. If the analysis is canceled, no results will be reported.
To monitor the details about a Static Analysis run, set the console verbosity to Normal or High and monitor the Console Output view for the current progress (in the GUI) or add the
-appconsole stdoutoption to the cpptestcli parameters (in the command line).
Test Progress view may not provide details about the current progress of a Static Analysis run.
Code Review Changes
The 9.x Code Review functionality is deprecated. With C++test 10.x, you can review changes in the code base independently of the source control system - directly in DTP. The Change Explorer view provides a better insight into the evolution of your code by using additional data aggregated by DTP. See the Change Explorer section of the DTP documentation https://docs.parasoft.com/.
Integration with Development Testing Platform
C++test 10.x can be integrated with Parasoft Development Testing Platform (DTP). Parasoft DTP is next generation of Parasoft Concerto, which was originally released in version 4.9.4. DTP can aggregate and analyze local analysis results, well as granular line coverage (per test case) to help you focus on quality tasks that have the most impact. See Connecting to Development Testing Platform for information how to connect to DTP.
- If C++test is connected to Development Testing Platform, you can analyze your code according to Test Configurations that are stored on the DTP server; see DTP Test Configurations for details.
- Metrics analysis has been improved. You can customize metrics in the DTP test configuration interface and review metrics analysis results in DTP. The list of available metrics has been updated; see Metrics Calculation for details.
- If you use the command line mode, you can enable sending results to DTP with the
-publishoption, which in C++test 9.x was used to report results to Team Server. In C++test 10.x, publishing results to Team Server can be enabled with the
System and Infrastructure Changes
- Solaris OS is no longer supported.
- We recommend using a 64-bit operating system.
- C++test may require additional 1GB RAM (32bit) or 2GB RAM (64bit) for running the analysis.
- Parasoft offers a separate product, C/C++test DTP Engine, which allows you to perform Static Analysis without integrating with an IDE, as well as run unit tests created in open-source unit testing tools, such as Google Test.
Limitations and Deprecated Functions
- The Metrics view is no longer available in the IDE and metrics analysis results are not included in local HTML or XML reports generated by C++test (see Integration with Development Testing Platform).
- The 9.x Project Center is deprecated.
C++test documentation is now published online and is no longer integrated into the IDE. Choose Parasoft> Help> C++ from the main menu or select the appropriate documentation at https://docs.parasoft.com/.