- Choose Parasoft> Preferences... > Reports.
- In the Report Format section, choose HTML (C/C++test’s Unit Testing details) from the drop-down menu.
- Click Apply.
- Select the ATM project as the test scope and choose Parasoft> Test Using> User-Defined> Run Unit Tests (Project Scope). This will run all of the generated tests for the project.Open the Test Progress tab (labelled using the name of the last Test Configuration run
- Open the Execution> Runtime tab and enable the following options:
- Report unit test execution details
- Include tasks details
- Include passed assertion details
- Generate detailed test execution report
- Generate detailed coverage report for; then choose Line Coverage from the drop-down menu (only one coverage metric can be viewed per report)
- Click Run Test.
- Go to the test progress tab (the tab has the same name as the test configuration you're running).
Click the Generate Report button in the upper right corner of the Test Progress tabtest progress tab to open the Report & Publish dialog.
- You can verify the Reports preferences again. You may need to select the Detailed coverage report option needs to be selected before the test configuration is executed.
- Create a directory in the file system for storing report files.
- Modify the value in the Produce in field to point to the reports directory you just created, then click OK to generate the report.
In the Report & Publish dialog, configure the Report location provide the path to the location where the report will be stored.
- Enable the Open in browser and Generate Reports options.
- Click OK. A summary report will be generated and opened in the editor window for review. The report files will be generated in the specified location.
Note that if the tests immediately preceding the report generation contained violations associated with users, the Author section will show a list of users associated with the data in the report. Clicking on a user name will open Alternatively, you can go to the report location you configured and manually open the HTML report in a web browser.
- Click on a user name in the Tasks by Author section to view a detailed report for that user.
In the coverage section of the summary report, click Detailed Report to open a detailed report of the coverage data.
- the Click LC Detailed Report in the Coverage Summary section to view a detailed coverage report.
- Review the coverage information. You can use the tree in the left panel to navigate to the code of interest by clicking on a filename. The detailed report displays color coding of covered, not covered, and partially covered lines of code.
Use the tree in the left panel to navigate to the code of interest. Click on the filename to view the coverage information.
- Click View Report in the Test Execution Details column in the Additional Reports section to view the Test Execution Details report.
- Review the Test Execution Details report.