- Apache Tomcat 8.5 or 9.0 must be installed and running
- Core CTP functionality is backwards compatible with Virtualize and/or SOAtest 9.10.0 or higher, but some tools and features require the latest version of Virtualize/SOAtest
- If you have not already done so, extract CTP from the download:
In a few moments, you should see an
em folder appear under
<tomcat installation>/webapps. This is CTP; it has been automatically deployed by Tomcat.
Using a separately-installed, MySQL or Oracle database?
If you are using a separately-installed, MySQL or Oracle database (rather than the embedded HyperSQL database), you must setup the database before proceeding. See Setting up the Database (MySQL or Oracle) for details.
Starting CTP for the First Time
Open a browser tab and navigate to the host and port where DTP is deployed. You will be prompted to specify the following initial settings.
Parasoft EULA and Usage Data
When you first start CTP, you will be prompted to accept the End User License Agreement and enable or opt-out of anonymous usage data collection.
You can change this configuration later by choosing Usage Data from the CTP Administration menu:
Configuring the License
Open a web browser and point it to
<hostname>is the machine name or IP address where Tomcat/CTP is installed.If you need to reach this page later, just navigate to License Configuration from the CTP settings (gear icon) menu.
Specify the license configuration when prompted. Choose either a Local or Network license type.
- If you are using a local license, copy and paste the license password sent to you by your Parasoft representative into the Password field and click Save. Proceed to the next step if you are using a network license.
- Specify the host, port, and login credentials of the License Server or DTP that will serve a license to your instance of CTP. We recommend using a the built-in admin account, as opposed to an individual user's personal account, to authenticate against the server.
If you do not already have an appropriate license available on your Parasoft License Server, email [email protected] with the Machine ID to obtain a license key you can add to your License Server or a password for a machine-locked local license.
- Click Save.
About License Features
Each license will enable one or more of the following features:
- API Testing: Enables the API Testing module and makes test scenarios available within the Environment Manager module.
- Environment Management: Enables the Environment Manager module.
- Service Virtualization: Enables the Service Virtualization module and makes virtual assets, proxies, and provisioning actions available within the Environment Manager module.
- Data Management: Enables the Test Data Assistant module and makes repositories available throughout CTP.
- Data Modeling: Enables test data modeling functionality, such as test data visualization, sophisticated test data generation, and test data masking for sensitive information.
Installing New License Keys
If you need to add new license keys and your License Server is on the same host as CTP, you can do it directly from CTP.
- Choose License Configuration from the CTP settings (gear icon) menu
- Copy your license key (provided by your Parasoft representative) into the Add New License field and click Add License.
Once the key is processed, it will be added to the list in the Installed Licenses area. If you don’t see the Add New License field, verify that the network license’s Host name field is set to
Configuring the Database Connection
If this is a new installation, you will be prompted to validate the data base configuration. If you installed MySQL on the same machine as CTP, the default settings should already be correct, but you can modify the settings as needed.
- Click Test Connection to verify that the settings are correct. See HyperSQL Notes and JDBC Driver Notes for information about configuring HyperSQL and JDBC Drivers, respectively.
(Optional) Configure user settings as described in Defining Users and Permissions.
You can now create systems, components, and instances, as well as link your Virtualize Server to CTP.
If you are using the embedded HyperSQL database (rather than a separately-installed MySQL or Oracle database):
- Set Type to HyperSQL.
- Enter a path where the database files should be saved on the host that runs Apache Tomcat. Prepend a forward slash ‘/’ to make the path absolute in the file system.
- If the database files do not yet exist, click the Create Database button to create a complete HyperSQL database.
JDBC Driver Notes
CTP does not ship with JDBC driver libraries for MySQL or Oracle. The Database Configuration page will instruct you to copy a JDBC connector jar file to the
WEB-INF/lib/ folder on the application server.
For example, with MySQL download
mysql-connector-java-<version>.jar from http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/j/ and copy it to the
C:\Program Files\Apache\Tomcat\<version>\webapps\em\WEB-INF\lib folder.
For Oracle databases, copy the ojdbc jar from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/features/jdbc/index-091264.html to the same