You can add, review, reorganize, modify, and extend tests, tests suites, and related files on SOAtest Server directly from the Test Scenarios page. To access this page, open the API Testing module and select Test Scenarios (or click the Tests top-of-page link in an Environment diagram in Edit mode).
In this section:
Reviewing Test Assets
The test assets available on each server appear in the upper left panel of the Test Scenarios screen. The hierarchy and contents of suites, tools, and files are displayed according to how they are organized on the SOAtest server. You can use the search bar to find assets. You can search on terms in keywords, metadata, and tags fields. Click on a .tst, test suite, file, or tool in the server panel to view information about each item.
Note that you can download files by clicking the link to the right of the Filepath field:
Refreshing Test Assets
You can import changes from the SOAtest server to CTP. Choose a server from in the left pane and choose Refresh Server from the page-level action menu.
Editing Test Asset Names and Properties
To edit asset names, file names, or descriptions:
- Using the tree in the left pane, select the page that shows the asset, file, or description you want to edit.
- Make the desired changes.
- Click Save.
Reordering Test Scenario Children
To reorder the test suites and tests within a test scenario:
- Using the tree in the left pane, select the test scenario you want to reorder.
- In the test scenario page, drag and drop the children tests and test suites into the desired order.
- Click Save.
Tip: Moving Tests Up or Down the Test Scenario Hierarchy
To move tests up or down the test scenario hierarchy, use the editing (copy/paste/delete) functionality in the test scenario tree.
You can create folders to organize assets:
- Choose a location for the folder in the left menu and choose Create Folder from the page-level action menu.
- (Optional) Modify the name of the newly-created folder.
The folder will be added to the specified SOAtest server.
You can copy/paste test scenarios (.tst files) into the new folder.
You can upload test files, data sources, and other files directly to the SOAtest server so that it can be used through CTP:
- Choose a destination for the uploaded asset in the left pane and choose Upload File from the page-level action menu.
- Browse for the file you want uploaded when prompted. If a .tst with the same name already exists and CTP is connected to SOAtest 9.10.3 or newer, proceeding will replace the file. See Replacing Test Files.
The file will be added to the specified SOAtest server.
Replacing Test Files
You can upload a new version of an existing .tst file without affecting associated jobs. The replacement .tst must have the same name as the original .tst file. This functionality is supported for SOAtest 9.10.3 and newer.
- Click on the folder containing the .tst file you want to replace.
- Choose Upload File from the page-level action menu.
- Browse for you file and click Replace.
Tagging Test Assets
You can tag test assets to categorize them in whatever manner is useful for you and your team. Tags can be entered in the Test Scenarios tree search bar to filter results. You can also click a test scenario tag’s hyperlink to focus the Test Scenarios tree on assets marked with that tag.
Click the edit icon to To add tags:
- Click the edit icon in the tags field of your test scenario and enter a term. You can enter single terms or a comma-separated list of tags.
- Click Add.and click the apply icon to save the tag(s).
- Save the changes to the test scenario.
Once the tag is applied, you can click the tag to quickly access all test scenarios with that same tag.
You can search by tag in the search bar above the Test Scenarios tree, as well as the main CTP search bar. To quickly add multiple tags, separate tag names with a comma.
To delete a tag, hover over it, then click the X button.
Adding and Configuring Variables
You can define a set of variables (referred to in SOAtest as an "environment") to be referenced within your test scenario. See Working with Variables for information on how to add and configure variables in test scenarios.
You can modify settings for commonly-used API Testing tools (such as REST Client, SOAP Client, Diff, and XML/JSON Assertor, and XML/JSON Data Bank tools) directly from CTP. Advanced settings, as well as configurations for other tools, can be accessed from SOAtest desktop.
For details, see:
Deleting Test Assets
Hover over a test asset (e.g., tst, test suite, variable set, file, data source or tool) and click the delete icon. Deleing assets permanently removes it from both CTP and the SOAtest server on which it is hosted.
Copying and Pasting Assets
You can copy and paste assets (test scenarios, tools, data sources, variable sets, files, etc.) as needed. Hover over the asset you want to copy, then click the Copy icon.
After you click Copy, you will see Paste icons added to any of the places where the copied asset can be pasted.
The asset being copied has a highlighted Copy icon. If you want to cancel the copy action, click this highlighted icon. Click the Paste icon at the location where you want the asset pasted.