The Scripted input mode enables you to dynamically generate the message from a script or Java class.
- Enable the Use data source option to include values from a connected data source.
- Choose a language from the drop-down menu. The following scripting languages are natively supported:
- Do one of the following:
- For scripting languages, choose either the Text or File option. The Text option enables you to manually add your script in a text input field. The File option enables you to browse for an external script file that will be executed when the tool is called.
- For Java, enter the class name in the Class field. The class must be on the classpath. Click Modify Classpath to add classes.
- Choose a method to check from the Method field and click Evaluate to verify that the method does not contain errors. For general guidelines on adding methods, see Extensibility and Scripting Basics.