The Environment Manager module's event viewer provides centralized visibility into the entire CTP ecosystem across servers and environments.
If the event monitoring service is enabled on a Virtualize server, CTP’s Event Monitoring can provide insight into events that occur on the Virtualize server (request messages received, response messages sent, errors, and so forth) and the assets that are deployed on them. If virtual assets are behaving unexpectedly, monitoring the events for the associated Virtualize server can be helpful in diagnosing the cause of the unexpected behavior.
Directly from Environment Manager's Events tab, you can view events such as:
- Request messages received.
- Response messages sent.
- Data source usage (e.g., which data source row was used in a response message).
- Error events (a request did not correlate to a message, invalid messages were sent, etc.).
- Server startup and shutdown
- Provisioning action suite execution events.
The Event Viewer provides advanced filtering and the ability to create virtual assets from received messages. In addition to controlling the monitoring of individual components, you can start and stop all event monitoring on a given Virtualize server without accessing the Virtualize UI.