In this section:
Using the Browser Extension
The browser extension provide the interface for configuring connections to the SOAtest server and the web proxy, starting and stopping traffic recording, and saving the traffic as .tst files.
- Navigate to the web application you want to generate tests from and click the Parasoft icon.
- Choose Start Recording and begin your test scenario.
- When finished, click the logo and choose Stop Recording.
- Specify information for the test when prompted. Test names must be unique. You can also associate tests with artifacts in your requirements and/or defect tracking system.
- Click Create Test Asset when ready or Discard Recording to exit the test creation window without generating the test file.
- When the SOAtest Traffic Recorder finishes processing the recorded traffic, you will be prompted to view the test in the CTP API Testing module.
The test will appear under the TestAssets/users/<username> directory, where the /users/<username> sub-directory is created based on your CTP username.
You can also view the test in the SOAtest desktop Test Case Explorer.
If you are using the Smart API Test Generator with a local instance of SOAtest, your tests will appear in the TestAssets/users/anonymous directory.
A recorded_traffic folder will be created in the SOAtest server workspace next to the .tst file and a traffic file will be uploaded to the folder. You can use the recorded traffic file to create new tests using the smart test traffic wizard (see Creating Smart API Tests from Traffic), as well as to train the Smart Test Generator (see Training the Smart API Test Generator).