This topic explains how managers can set goals for task reporting and task resolution, then have Parasoft Test apply these goals across the team’s installations.
About Global Goals
Global team goals are goals that may span across multiple Test Configurations. For instance, a global goal might be:
- Test execution failures from any project should be fixed each day.
- Certain projects must have all static analysis tasks related to a given policy completed by a certain date.
To configure global goals, you need at least one Parasoft Test installation with a Server license. Global goals will be applied across the team if all team Parasoft installations are connected to Team Server as described in Connecting to Parasoft Team Server. Users without a Server license can review goals, but not configure them.
When global goals are enabled, the Test Configuration manager’s Goals tab will be disabled.
Configuring Global Goals
To configure global goals:
- Choose Parasoft> Preferences to open the Preferences panel.
- Choose Tasks> Goals on the left.
- Check the Enable global management button.
- Click New.
- Configure the new goal that is added to the table. You can configure global goal options such as:
- The project(s) that the goal applies to.
- The deadline for achieving the goal.
- What the goal requires.
Importing Tasks for Specified Goals
When importing tasks from Team Server, team members can choose to import only the tasks related to a specified goal. To do this:
- Choose Parasoft> Import> Custom Tasks or choose Custom Tasks from the Import My Recommended Tasks pull-down toolbar menu.
- Select Import from Team Server.
- Select Filtered.
- Select for goals.
- Choose the appropriate goal from the goals box.
- Click OK.