If a Virtualize server has been configured to collect server statistics, you can review the collected statistics from CTP. CTP reports the hit statistic information from Virtualize and displays aggregate daily hit counts for virtual assets, proxies, and servers.
These statistics and reports can help you:
- Track PVA/responder usage levels and patterns from different groups/divisions over time.
- Assess how close you are to reaching the licensed number of hits.
- Determine how Virtualize response times influence your performance testing results.
Viewing Daily Hit Count Snapshots
To see the daily hit statistics for the virtual assets and proxies on a specific Virtualize server:
- Open that server’s page (you can access it via the search control or from the page that opens when you open the Service Virtualization module and select Virtualize Servers).
Virtual Asset Snapshots
- In the Service Virtualization module, select Virtual Assets.
- Click the List All link at the top of the page.
- Click the link to the virtual asset file related to the deployed virtual asset you’re interested in.
- Select the link to the deployed virtual asset you’re interested in.
- Review the snapshot.
Message Proxy Snapshots
- Open that proxy’s detail page (you can access it via the search control or from the page that opens when you open the Service Virtualization module and select Proxies).
Viewing Complete Server Hit Statistics
- In the Service Virtualization module, select Hit Statistics.
Creating Custom Reports
If you want to create custom reports, you can export the data into a CSV file, then use a program such as Microsoft Excel to design a chart that suits your specific needs.
To export data, use the CSV button in the bottom left of the UI.