This topic describes how to set goals for task reporting and task resolution.
About Global Goals
Global team goals are goals that may span across multiple Test Configurations. For instance, a global goal might be:
- Test execution failures from any project should be fixed each day.
- Certain projects must have all static analysis tasks related to a given policy completed by a certain date.
To configure global goals, you need at least one SOAtest installation with a Server license. Global goals will be applied across the team if all team Parasoft installations are connected to Team Server as described in Connecting to Parasoft Team Server. Users without a Server license can review goals, but not configure them.
When global goals are enabled, the Test Configuration manager’s Goals tab will be disabled.
Configuring Global Goals
To configure global goals:
- Choose Parasoft> Preferences to open the Preferences panel.
- Choose Quality Tasks> Goals on the left.
- Check the Enable global management button.
- Click New.
- Configure the new goal that is added to the table. You can configure global goal options such as:
- The project(s) that the goal applies to.
- The deadline for achieving the goal.
- What the goal requires.
- Choose Parasoft> Quality Tasks and enable the Import out of date tasks for modified resources option.
- (Optional) Enable the Relocate tasks during import option and specify the old location and new location on the machine for the tasks.
- Click Apply.