This topic explains how to update your existing installation of Parasoft SOAtest with a service pack.
From the UI
To update Parasoft SOAtest via a service pack:
- From the Help menu, choose Check for Updates. Eclipse will then check if any updates are available.
- If updates are reported, select the available updates, click Next, then complete the wizard to install the updates.
If your organization uses an internal update site instead of the public one, you can configure the update site as follows:
- Choose Window> Preferences then select Install/Update> Available Software Sites.
- Enter the desired update site in the Update Site Location field. If you’re not sure what site to use, contact your Parasoft representative for details.
- If you want to configure Eclipse proxy connections (not related to SOAtest proxy configuration/behavior), set them in the General> Network Connections area of the preferences panel.
For standalone installations only—not applicable to plugin or update site installs
For online and offline service pack updates, as well as patch updates:
- (For "offline" updates) Download the p2 zip archive from and place it in the SOAtest installation directory.
- Ensure that SOAtest is not running.
update.bat or .sh script (in the SOAtest installation directory) using the following command (see About the Update Script Options):
update [--debug] [--help] [--patch <arg>| --updatesite <arg>] [–version]
- Start SOAtest using
eclipse.exe -cleanif you have the plugin version of SOAtest).
About the Update Script Options
|(Optional) Outputs debug logging.|
|(For patches, not service packs) updates the current installation with the specified patch .jar file(s) provided as arguments to patch. For example, |
Determines where service pack updates are accessed (e.g., which p2 update site or zip archive).
To get the latest updates, use:
To use a specific update site, use:
To use a local P2 zip archive, use
|(optional) prints the version number of the current installation.|