This guide is designed to acquaint you with practices that have been applied successfully by a broad base of Parasoft SOAtest customers, and are recommended for most situations. We strongly encourage you to take your understanding of these practices and apply it to craft your own guidelines and processes around the Parasoft solution. Parasoft’s consultants often assist with such efforts in order to ensure successful solution deployment.
Many of our enterprise customers customize this document into an organization-specific set of guidelines—including specific references to their own test repositories, responsibilities, and policies—and post the resulting document on their intranet.
The section includes:
- Workspaces, Projects, and Test Files
- Team Sharing
- Promotion of Tests
- Automating Test Execution and Report Generation
- Automating Task Management and Test Failure Resolution Workflows
- Using Existing Test Management Solutions
- Test Creation Best Practices
- Maintaining Tests with Service Definition/Schema Changes
- Change-Based Testing and Traceability
- Sharing Projects and Test Assets Through Source Control