Regression controls are automatically placed on the Response SOAP Envelope when the Create/Update Regression Control command is applied. You can adda Diff Tool to create a regression control on a different feature or to create the regression control manually. We will remove the old Diff before creating a new one because an error will occur if you create more than one Diff Tool and use the Update Regression Controls function:
- Right-click the Response SOAP Envelope> Diff control generated on <generation time>, then choose Delete.
- Right-click the Test Suite: getItemByTitle Positive Test> Test 1 node, then choose Add Output.
- In the left panel, which lists options for adding a tool, select Response> SOAP Envelope. This will match the setting of the Diff that was automatically generated in the previous exercise.
- In the right panel, select Common Tools> Diff.
- Click Finish. The Diff editor window wll be blank. You can complete this manually, but it is much faster to use the update tool.
- Right-click the Test 1: getItemByTitle node, choose Create/Update Regression Control from the shortcut menu.
- Choose Update Regression Controls in the Response Validation Wizard that opens and click Finish.
The test is run and the editor window is filled in and will match the regression test created before.