The embedded data repository server was updated in SOAtest and Virtualize 2022.1.0. Any embedded repositories created in previous versions of the application must be migrated to the new server before they can be used in the current version. The migration process is automated with a utility available on the customer portal.
- Java 8 installed and the JAVA_HOME environment variable set.
- Note: Users with SOAtest/Virtualize 2021.2, 2021.1, or 2020.2 installed can ignore this requirement and take advantage of the Java that comes prepackaged with those versions. See Migrating Repositories below for more details.
Preparing for Migration
- Download the
Parasoft_SOAVirt_Data_Repository_Migration_Pack.zipfile from the customer portal.
- Install the SOAtest/Virtualize desktop 2022.1 or newer.
- Open the existing SOAtest/Virtualize workspace using SOAtest/Virtualize desktop 2022.1 or newer.
- Extract the contents of the
- If you have SOAtest/Virtualize 2021.2, 2021.1, or 2020.2 installed, extract the migration utility to its installation directory. Otherwise, so long as you have Java 8 installed and the JAVA_HOME environment variable set, you can extract the migration utility to any convenient location.
- Open the command prompt or a terminal window.
- Run the following command:
- Open and refresh the Data Repositories view in the SOAtest/Virtualize desktop and confirm the repositories were migrated successfully.
Once the migration has run successfully, the new repository will be located in
<WorkspaceFolder>\.metadata\EmbeddedDataRepository. You can delete the legacy data found in