This topic explains how to installSOAtest from a Eclipse p2 update site.
This installation method is supported for Eclipse 4.2 to 4.16 (2020-06).
When installing from the update site, you need to install the Eclipse Graphical Editing Framework (GEF). You can download and install Eclipse GEF from http://www.eclipse.org/gef/.
We also recommend configuring the
osgi.bundlefile.limit property to
0 (unlimited) for Windows or
300 for Linux and macOS when starting Eclipse. For example:
osgi.bundlefile.limit property limits the number of JAR files the Eclipse framework will keep open. In Eclipse 3.5 and later, this property defaults to
100, which may be too low and result in performance issues. Setting the property manually overrides the default setting. If you experience crashes or a "Too many open files" exception after setting the property to the recommended values, try setting the property to a lower limit.
- Launch Eclipse and choose Help> Install New Software.
- Add the p2 update site zip file as follows:
- Click the Add button. An Add Site dialog will open.
- In the dialog’s Name field, type
- To the right of the Location field, click the Archive button, then browse to the appropriate zip file (obtained via your Parasoft representative).
- Click OK. The Install panel will display the available features.
- Select the features that you want to install, then click Next and follow the prompts to complete the installation process.
- (Recommended) Restart the application.
When installing Parasoft SOAtest from the p2 update site on Windows, it is necessary to run the .bat script named
soatest_install.bat.This script is installed into the
eclipse directory of the Eclipse installation into which you installed the update site. It script registers some dlls that are needed for web functional testing using Internet Explorer. It executes tasks that are normally completed by the Parasoft installers, but are not supported by the p2 update site. This script must be run as administrator.
A valid license is required. See Licensing for details on configuring your license.