We've made the following updates to Selenic:
Release date: September 3, 2020
Optimizations for Enterprise Applications
Selenic can now apply locator strategies optimized for Salesforce and Guidewire enterprise application software (EAS). Choose an EAS from the options list when recording actions with Parasoft Recorder and Selenic will apply the best locator strategies when using the recording to create Selenium tests and test projects.
Improved Locator Strategies
The locator strategies that Selenic can use to create and heal tests have been improved. The following improvements have been made:
- Selenic can now create locators that disambiguate similar-looking elements in complex UIs, such as multi-tabbed interfaces.
- Selenic can now leverage accessibility standards to create more maintainable and human-understandable locators.
- Dynamic page title validations
- Automatic in-page scrolling to ensure that elements are in focus
- Chrome options are automatically added to tests to improve playback reliability
Support for Text Assertions
Parasoft Recorder can now capture text assertions during recording that will be included into the tests created by Selenic.
Create Tests Using TestNG
You can now create Selenium tests using TestNG. Previously, only test execution for TestNG was supported. When adding tests to a project, Selenic will detect whether JUnit or TestNG libraries are present and create tests using the appropriate framework.
- Selenic now plugs into Eclipse 2020-06.
- Selenic now plugs into IntelliJ IDEA 2020.2.
Performance Benchmarking in the IDE
A new license feature has been added to enable the performance benchmarking feature from the IDE.
- Windows 7 is no longer supported
- Eclipse 4.4-4.7 are no longer supported
Resolved PRs and FRs
The following PRs and FRs were resolved:
|SEL-1914||Failed to create tst when AUT contains an https URL|
|SEL-1796||No recommendations reported|
|SEL-1760||Selenic Performance Benchmarking in IDE|