- Create a backup directory, e.g., C:\tmp\backup.
- Stop Parasoft services. See Stopping DTP Services or Stopping Concerto Services.
- Copy DTP files from the install directory and paste them to your backup directory. For example, copy files from c:\Program Files\Parasoft\dtp to C:\tmp\backup\db.
- Restart Parasoft services.
When you update DTP in Linux, an installation script (
concerto_4.sh -u) automatically creates a backup directory and copies system files. The backup directory takes the following format:
/concertodate_hour/, e.g., concerto070313_092706.
You can also manually backup DTP prior to upgrading:
Create a backup directory:
Shut down the old DTP Server and Data Collector:
- Run the dtpconsole.sh script and shut down the Server and Data Collector.
From the menu, select the following options:
Back up DTP files:
When upgrading DTP, a backup is automatically created in the same parent directory. For example, a DTP installation at /home/test/dtp would result in a backup at /home/test/dtpYYMMDD_HHmmSS, where YYMMDD_HHmmSS represents the date and time when the backup and upgrade were created. When crontab has been modified by your DTP upgrade script, the old crontab is backed up here: