In this release:
Release date: May 12, 2022
Direct upgrades from 5.4.1 or older is not supported. See Upgrading from a Previous Version of DTP for an upgrade path for your version.
New License Requirements for Upgrades
Users upgrading DTP and/or License Server may need to acquire new licenses:
- DTP users upgrading to 2022.1 must acquire a new license for DTP and will need to acquire new network licenses for pre-existing tools if their machine ID has changed.
- License Server users upgrading to 2022.1 will need to acquire new network licenses for pre-existing tools if their machine ID has changed.
Support for PostgreSQL
PostgreSQL database support has been added.
Modified Coverage Widget
The Modified Coverage widget that was previously a part of the Process Intelligence Pack is now installed automatically as part of DTP. Users who installed the Modified Coverage widget as part of the Process Intelligence Pack in their previous version of DTP will need to manually delete the old widget from their installation. To do so, delete this file:
API Security Widgets and Reports
New API security widgets and reports have been added to DTP, enabling you to monitor security issues found by SOAtest ZAP penetration tests and group them by OWASP Top 10 or the Common Weakness Enumeration (CWE™) dictionary.
Enhanced Integration with codeBeamer - Traceability Reporting for Automotive SPICE
DTP integration with codeBeamer ALM has been improved with:
- Support for more than one test tracker.
- Support for defining test trackers per project.
- Support for mapping from test tracker to test run tracker.
License Usage Pack
The License Usage Pack is now available, providing a collection of DTP widgets and reports that present information regarding license usage of Parasoft tools whose licenses are deployed on the License Server. It allows you to monitor how many Parasoft tools are being used in your organization, who is using these tools, and show if there were any license shortages or if license requests were close to your token limit.
- Support for OWASP Top 10 2021 has been added.
- Support for CWE 4.6 has been added.
- Support for authenticating using JWT Access Token for OAuth 2.0 (specifically in conjunction with PIV/CAC cards) has been added.
- Support for multiple traffic per test in Test Explorer has been added.
- Support for IPv6 has been added.
- Windows users can now install a Windows Service for License Server using the
installLSServicescript provided with their install.
- Linux users can now configure custom systemd services to start and stop DTP.
- The '/v1/dynamicAnalysisTestCases/trend' endpoint has been removed.
- The User Administration UI has been updated and improved.
- Database Settings UI has been updated and improved.
- Support for Oracle databases on Amazon RDS has been added.
- Ability to add a descriptive tag to a build in Build Administration has been added.
- The Builds dropdown on the dashboard has been optimized.
- Docker and Kubernetes users can now start new containers without requiring new licenses.
- Starting with DTP 2022.1, the
maxHttpHeaderSizeattribute for the Tomcat connector is set to 16384 (16 KB).
- Crontab configuration during Linux installation has been deprecated and is now skipped during installation by default. It can be enabled during installation if needed.
- Support for Oracle 11g has ended.
- Support for Internet Explorer 11 has ended.
- Support for MySQL 5.6 has been deprecated and will be removed in future versions of DTP.
- Team Server has been deprecated and will be removed in future versions of DTP.
- Uploading, downloading, and viewing XML and HTML reports in Team Server is no longer supported.
- DTP license features that limit analysis to the number of files specified in your licensing agreement have been deprecated.
- Password recovery from the login screen has been removed.
FRs and PRs
The following FRs and PRs were resolved in this release.
|DEP-3418||Start Extension Designer after reboot|
|DTP-12326||Allow non-admin users to change their passwords in User Administration|
|DTP-16181||DTP user's password field length is limited to 16 chars|
|DTP-18040||Some strings in UI are not localized|
|DTP-18330||DTP custom rules not displaying custom documentation for C/C++test|
|DTP-18359||Authentication fails for nested members in LDAP ancestor groups|
|DTP-19083||Custom rule map removes available rules|
|DTP-20235||Unable to download HTML/PDF reports from build audit report|
|LS-643||Windows Service for LSS should start automatically|
|LS-1470||Explain why port 2002 should be open|
|LS-1494||Variable to create backup directory during LSS upgrade is wrongly resolved|
|LS-1496||Improve LSS upgrade to persist Tomcat settings|