In this release:
Release date: October 19, 2020
Advanced Metadata for Machine Learning
The machine learning feature can now process reports containing advanced metadata generated by Parasoft tools. The advanced metadata includes additional features for improving the predictions made by the DTP machine learning feature. You can enable advanced metadata reports in the test configuration. Refer to the test configuration documentation for additional information.
JQL Support for Jira Integration
You can now include JQL strings when configuring the DTP integration with Jira.
Static Analysis Hotspot Flow
The Process Intelligence Pack extension for DTP Enterprise Pack now includes the Static Analysis Hotspot widget and report. This artifact determines which code analysis violations stem from the same flow trace source and reports the sources as “hotspots”. By default, a flow trace source is considered a hotspot when it results in at least five (5) violations, but you can configure the threshold in the widgets shipped with the slice.
Coverage Widgets for C/C++test Professional
C/C++test Professional is capable of reporting a variety of coverage types, including block, path, MC/DC, etc. This release includes the C/C++test Coverage Overview - Percent and C/C++test Overview Coverage - Trend widgets, which are specifically designed to present the different coverage types reported by C/C++test.
Compliance Pack Updates
We've added the ability to excludes false positives as deviations in the MISRA Compliance report.
The CWE compliance artifact now supports CWE 4.2 for Java and .NET.
Traceability Report Updates
The traceability test details report now includes a link to the Tests Explorer that returns all tests associated with a specific work item. Previously, the report included links to the Test Explorer for individual tests. This update enables you to view all tests associated with a work item in one interface.
Upgrading to 2020.2 on Windows changes the machine ID for the host running DTP. As a result, licenses stored and served from the License Server module become invalid. If DTP contains invalid licenses after upgrading, contact your Parasoft representative to obtain new licenses.
- Windows 7 is no longer supported.
- The marketplace connection configuration has been removed from DTP Enterprise Pack.
- The default disk space used by Data Collector for storing reports has been raised from 20GB to 50GB.
- The Last Runs widget has been removed.
- The Violations Explorer view can now show in-file suppressions sent from Parasoft code analysis tools.
- The DTP License Server unlimited in subnet and DTP License Server additional 8 in subnet license features have been removed.
- DTP now supports Oracle 18c and 19c.
- Support for deploying DTP to cloud-based dynamic environments, such as Amazon AWS, Docker, and Microsoft Azure, has been verified.
- The Tomcat web server running DTP applications has been upgraded to 9.0.38.
- The Enterprise Pack database server has been upgraded to mongoDB 3.6
- The AJP connector has been removed from the default Tomcat server.xml file. As a result, DTP no longer listens on port 8009.
basicAccesspermission for the License Server module (
ls:basicAccess:true) no longer allows read access to the License Server interface. The permission has also been deprecated and will be removed in future versions of DTP.
- The External Applications integration interface is now the External System integration interface and has been updated to improve usability.
FRs and PRs
The following FRs and PRs were resolved in this release.
|DEP-3301||MISRA deviation reports should not report false positives as deviations|
|DTP-9770||Rest API to execute internal database updators after upgrade|
|DTP-11150||Jenkins widgets auto-refresh and cause multiple failed login attempts|
|DTP-11975||The values for horizontal axis for widget 'Authors' and 'Assignees' are not readable|
|DTP-12256||[User Administration] switching between users sub-pages when editing Group membership moves from Users to General tab|
|LS-895||License reservation for username with certain characters prevents tools from getting a license|