This section will help you verify that your system meets the requirements for using dotTEST.
- Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2016
- 4GB memory minimum, 8GB recommended
- 2GHz or faster processor
- .NET Framework 4.6 or higher installed on the target machine. See About the .NET Framework and .NET Core Prerequisites.
- Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages. If not already present, the packages are automatically installed during dotTEST installation. Also, see Manually Installing Visual C++ Redistribution Packages.
- Build utilities installed on the same machine. See Build Utilities.
dotTEST requires MSBuild to be installed on the same machine. dotTEST supports MSBuild shipped with Visual Studio IDE or installed with Visual Studio Build Tools.
Ensure that your build utility is installed with a .NET-related workload.
About the .NET Framework and .NET Core Prerequisites
dotTEST is bundled with .NET Framework 4.6, which is installed automatically when dotTEST is installed. To install the framework manually, run the following command:
You can download and install other supported versions from Microsoft.
dotTEST requires .NET Core 2.0 or higher to analyze .NET Core projects.
Manually Installing Visual C++ Redistribution Packages
If you install dotTEST from a ZIP distribution, the Visual C++ Redistribution Packages necessary for full functionality may not be installed. You can install them manually by running the following installers located in the
See Desktop - Prerequisites for requirements for integrating dotTEST with an IDE.