You can add, review, modify, and delete virtual assets and related files on a connected Virtualize server directly from the Virtual Assets page.
Reviewing Virtual Assets and Related Files
The virtual assets (.pva files), responder suites, responders and related files available in each connected Virtualize server’s VirtualAssets project will be shown in the left panel of the Virtual Assets page. You can filter this list by entering search terms (keywords, metadata and tags) in the search bar above the asset tree.
To view details of an asset or file:
- Select the associated item in the left panel.
You can modify the virtual asset’s correlations as described in Configuring Responder Correlations.
Note that you can download files by clicking the link to the right of the Filepath field:
Refreshing Virtual Assets and Related Files
To refresh the assets shown in CTP (e.g., to see assets recently added from Virtualize desktop):
- In the left pane, select the Virtualize server whose assets you want to refresh.
- Choose Refresh Server from the page-level action menu.
Editing Virtual Asset Names and Properties
To edit asset names, file names, or descriptions:
- Using the tree in the left pane, select the page that shows the asset, file, or description you want to edit.
- Make the desired changes.
- Click Save.
To add a folder for organizing virtual assets:
- In the left pane, select the server or existing folder where you want the new folder added.
- Choose Create Folder from the page-level action menu.
- (Optional) Modify the name of the newly-created folder.
The folder will be added to the specified Virtualize server.
You can copy/paste virtual assets (.pva files) and related assets into the new folder.
To upload any files that would be helpful for your service virtualization efforts (existing .pvas, data source files, traffic files, etc.):
- In the left pane, select the server or folder where you want the file added.
- Choose Upload File from the page-level action menu.
- Use the file chooser to specify which file you want uploaded.
The file will be added to the specified Virtualize server.
Tagging Virtual Assets
You can tag virtual assets to categorize them in whatever manner is useful for you and your team. Tags can be entered in the Virtual Assets tree search bar to filter results. You can also click a virtual asset’s tag hyperlink to focus the Virtual Assets tree on assets marked with that tag.
To add tags:
- In the tags area of your virtual asset, click the Edit button.
- Enter a tag name or a comma-separated list of tag names, then click Add.
- Click the Apply button.
- Save the changes to the test scenario.
Once the tag is applied, you can click the tag to quickly access all test scenarios with that same tag.
You can search by tag in the search bar above the Virtual Asset tree, as well as the main CTP search bar.
To quickly add multiple tags, separate tag names with a comma.
To delete a tag, hover over it, then click the X button.
To permanently delete an asset from both CTP and the Virtualize server upon which it is hosted:
- Hover over the item you want to delete, then click the Delete icon.
You can copy and paste assets (.pvas, responder suites, responders, data sources, files, etc.) as needed.
- Hover over the asset you want to copy, then click the Copy icon.
After you click Copy, you will see Paste icons added to any of the places where the copied asset can be pasted.
Note that the asset being copied has a highlighted Copy icon. If you want to cancel the copy action, click this highlighted icon.
To paste the asset:
- Click the Paste icon at the location where you want the asset pasted.