Do I Need Parasoft User Administration?
Installing Parasoft User Administration is only needed if:
- User-based access controls are required in this CTP installation and associated Virtualize servers, and
- Parasoft Concerto or Parasoft Development Testing Platform will not be deployed within the organization
Installing Parasoft User Administration
To install Parasoft User Administration:
pstsec.war(from the extracted zip file) to the
- Open CTP in a browser.
- From the Administration menu in the top right of the page, choose Security Configuration—or simply navigate to http://localhost:8080/em/pstsecconfig (assuming that CTP is running on localhost at port 8080).
- Enter Host: localhost and Port: <tomcat port>.
- If you want guests who have not logged in to CTP to have read-only access, check the Anonymous access box.
- Click the Save button at the top of the page.
- Click the Browse User Administration on localhost link.
- Add new users/groups and grant permissions for access roles as described in Defining Users and Permissions. In summary, when configuring permissions, use the following options:
administration, provision, or system