This topic explains how to advanced options for C/C++test Professional.
In typical scenarios, C/C+test is customized by configuring options in the C/C++test GUI or specifying localsettings (see Configuring Localsettings). If needed, you can further extend C/C++test configuration by specifying advanced settings that are not part of a regular set of localsettings available for C/C++test Professional.
You can specify advanced settings by configuring one of the following:
- An advanced settings file that includes advanced settings for performing analysis with C/C++test.
- The CPPTEST_ENGINE_EXTRA_ARGS option that allows you to specify additional advanced settings.
Configuring an Advanced Settings File
To configure an advanced settings file, create a file that includes C/C++test's advanced settings and then specify the path to that file in the C/C++test GUI or using a dedicated localsetting. For a complete list of settings that can be included in your advanced settings file, refer to the Configuration Settings section in the C/C++test Standard User Guide you can find at https://docs.parasoft.com.
To specify the path to the advanced settings file in the GUI:
Choose Parasoft> Preferences... in the IDE menu bar to open the Parasoft Preferences panel.
- Choose Parasoft (the root level in the tree of preferences categories).
- Specify the path to the advanced settings file in the C/C++test advanced settings> Settings file field.
- Click Apply.
To specify the path to the advanced settings in the command line, open the settings file you normally use to configure analysis with C/C++test and add the following entry:
Configuring Additional Advanced Settings
C/C++test can be customized with the CPPTEST_ENGINE_EXTRA_ARGS option that allows you to specify additional settings, such as source file encoding or the memory size. This may be particularly useful when performing static code analysis or uploading results to DTP.
The option can be configured in one of the following ways:
- Go to Parasoft> Preferences> Technical Support, enable Advanced Options, enter the option and specify the settings, for example:
Create the CPPTEST_ENGINE_EXTRA_ARGS environment variable and set the values, for example:
CPPTEST_ENGINE_EXTRA_ARGS="-property file.encoding.mode=user -property file.encoding.name=UTF-8
- In the command line, use the option as a Java property with the
-Jprefix to pass the settings to
cpptestcli, for example:
cpptestcli.exe -J-DCPPTEST_ENGINE_EXTRA_ARGS="-property file.encoding.mode=user -property file.encoding.name=UTF-8
In the examples above, the memory size is set to 4096m, the source file encoding to UTF-8, and the timeout value to 4400 seconds.
For more details, contact Parasoft Support.