In this section:
How can I get quick access to information about usage on the command line?
-help command line switch:
What if C/C+test is not available in the UI when installed in Eclipse that runs on Java 11 or higher?
If your Eclipse is configured to use Java 11 or higher, it may require additional dependencies to be downloaded from software update sites. Ensure that Eclipse is configured to automatically contact all update sites when you install C/C++test.
If C/C++test is not available in your IDE after installation, you may need to install the Apache Geronimo Activation Plug-In. The current builds provided by the Eclipse Orbit Project are available at: https://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads:
- Select the build appropriate for your Eclipse version.
- Copy the URL of the Orbit build repository.
- Select Help> Install New Software from the Eclipse menu.
- Click Add and paste the URL to specify the location of the Orbit build repository.
- Expand All Orbit Bundles.
- Select Apache Geronimo Activation Plug-In.
Why do I get notified that Parasoft DTP Plugin is slowing Visual Studio 2017?
Visual Studio 2017 introduced new performance management options to monitor and manage extensions that can affect startup time. As a result, a pop-up alert may appear when Parasoft DTP Plugin is installed to indicate that Visual Studio startup time has increased. You can click the Manage Visual Studio Performance link in the pop-up window to review the startup times and disable displaying the alert.
Why are some Parasoft options not available in the Solution Explorer context menu in Visual Studio 2017?
To have access to all Parasoft options in the Solution Explorer context menu, ensure that one of the following workloads is installed with your Visual Studio 2017:
- Desktop development with C++
- Universal Windows Platform development or .NET desktop development
- Run the Visual Studio Installer.
- Select the appropriate workloads when prompted.
Why does Visual Studio 2015 not display code markers?
If the Parasoft DTP Plugin for Visual Studio is reinstalled, Visual Studio 2015 may fail to display code markers that indicate analysis findings or code coverage in the editor. This is caused by a Visual Studio known issue (see MEFCache bug breaks text adornments in any package for details).
To ensure that code markers are properly shown, clear the Visual Studio MEF cache each time you reinstall or updated the Parasoft DTP Plugin. Use one of the following options:
- Use the Clear MEF Component Cache extension that will automatically clear the MEF cache (download here).
- Manually delete the cache directory. Depending on your installation details, the cache directory may be available in the following locations:
- If the Plugin has been installed with the default options: %localappdata%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0\ComponentModelCache
- If the Visual Studio registry suffix has been specified with the
<SUFFIX>parameter during installation: %localappdata%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0<suffix_name>\ComponentModelCache
How can I prevent my machine ID from floating?
Changes in the network environment may affect the interface that is used to compute your machine ID and result in machine ID instability. You can use the PARASOFT_SUPPORT_NET_INTERFACES environment variable to specify a stable interface and prevent the machine ID from floating.
- Set up the PARASOFT_SUPPORT_NET_INTERFACES environment variable.
Set the variable value to a stable Ethernet network interface. Do not use virtual, temporary or loopback interfaces.
- On Windows: Set the value to the MAC address of your network card. You can use the
ipconfig -allcommand to obtain the address. For example:
- On Linux: Set the value to one of the network interfaces from the "inet" or "inet6" family. You can use the
ifconfigcommand to obtain the list of available interfaces. For example:
If the problem persists, you can obtain diagnostic information by setting up the environment variable PARASOFT_DEBUG_NET_INTERFACES and setting its value to true. This will print to the standard output the checking procedure that can be shared with technical support, as well as the interface that is used to compute your machine ID. The interface will be marked with the [SELECTED] prefix.
How can I work with C/C++test via proxy?
Typically, if you connect through a proxy server, you need to configure the connection by passing protocol-specific system properties to the JVM – using the
-D command line option.
To work with C/C++test, ensure that the system properties for the HTTPS protocol are configured. At a minimum, you must configure
https.proxyPort=[port number]. If your proxy server requires authentication, you can configure your credentials with the
Your command line may resemble the following:
In addition, you can configure the
https.nonProxyHosts property to specify hosts where connection via proxy is not required.
If you use C/C++test on desktop with Eclipse, the proxy settings are automatically detected and do not need to be configured in the command line.
The proxy mode is not supported for Visual Studio.
What can I do if C/C++test reports a timeout during static analysis?
To ensure the analysis completes, you can do one of the following:
- Increase the timeout limit by configuring the following option:
See Configuring the Settings.
- Disable the most time-consuming rules or metrics in your test configuration. The information about the times is included in the timeout message displayed on the console and in the report.
- Contact Parasoft Support.