- Choose Parasoft> Preferences.
- Click the Reports node.
- Enable the Detailed report for option and select Line Coverage in the metric box. Only one coverage metric can be viewed per report.
- Click Apply and close the overaly window.
- Select the ATM project as the test scope and choose Parasoft> Test Using> User-Defined> Run Unit Tests (Project Scope). This will run all of the generated tests for the project.
- Open the Test Progress tab (labelled using the name of the last Test Configuration run).
Click the Generate Report button in the upper right corner of the Test Progress tab.
- You can verify the Reports preferences again. You may need to select the Detailed coverage report option needs to be selected before the test configuration is executed.
- Create a directory in the file system for storing report files.
- Modify the value in the Produce in field to point to the reports directory you just created, then click OK to generate the report.
A summary report will be generated and opened in the editor window for review. The report files will be generated in the specified location.
- Note that if the tests immediately preceding the report generation contained violations associated with users, the Author section will show a list of users associated with the data in the report. Clicking on a user name will open a detailed report for that user.
- In the coverage section of the summary report, click Detailed Report to open a detailed report of the coverage data.
- Note that the detailed report displays color coding of covered, not covered, and partially covered lines of code.
- Use the tree in the left panel to navigate to the code of interest. Click on the filename to view the coverage information.