This topic provides basic information about the capabilities of the C/C++test Plugin for Wind River Workbench 4.x.
You can integrate C/C++test with Wind River Workbench by installing the C/C++test Eclipse Plugin into your Wind River Workbench 4.x installation – see Installing the C/C++test into Wind River Workbench for details.
- Static Analysis – Static Analysis with the C/C++test Wind River Workbench Plugin
- Unit Testing – Unit Testing with the C/C++test Wind River Workbench Plugin
- Application Monitoring – Application Monitoring with the C/C++test Wind River Workbench Plugin
Supported Project Types
Static analysis, unit testing, and application monitoring is supported for the following project types:
- VxWorks Downloadable Kernel Module
- VxWorks Real Time Process Project
Depending on the project structure, you may need to test your code through Test Projects – separate projects that enable testing. See Using Test Projects with the C/C++test Wind River Workbench Plugin.
- C/C++test does not support command line testing for Wind River Workbench projects. The command line interface is supported only for Test Projects.
- The following compiler keywords are not supported:
- __interrupt__ and interrupt
- __packed__ and packed
- bool, pixel, vec_step, and vector AltiVec Keywords
- __ev64_* Keywords
- __accum, __fixed, __X, and __Y DSP Extensions
- C++test may fail parsing when the following intrinsic functions or type specifiers are used in the source code:
- ARM: ffi
- PPC: multiply-accumulate instructions (PPC405), AltiVec instructions group
- Sh: __fixed type
- Sparс: __scan and __divs