The following compiler/environment versions are supported:
- IAR EWRL78 (Embedded Workbench for RL78) 3.10.x (C only)
IAR EW integration is provided as follows:
- Project importing is only possible using the cpptesttrace utility (see Importing Projects with IAR Embedded Workbench Support for details).
The following components are provided to facilitate testing IAR Embedded Workbench projects:
- Compiler configurations for specific supported versions of IAR compiler for RL78 (listed above).
- C++test does not support C++ for this compiler. This limitation is caused by the unsupported IAR memory keywords not being accepted by C++test.
- Unit testing and application monitoring is only feasible on RL78 cores that support far and huge heaps. The stack size must also be increased.
- The minimum far heap size is 8192 bytes.
- The minimum huge heap size is 10000 bytes.
- A near heap size of 256 bytes was found to be sufficient.
- The stack must be at least 2048 bytes in size for application monitoring and unit testing
- It was found that most unit test suites required at least 8192 bytes of stack space to work correctly.
- Failure to set the heap sizes to a sufficient size will result in linking errors.
- Failure to set the stack size to a sufficient size may result in runtime errors (in the simulator) due to stack overwriting other parts of memory. In the simulator a program counter error eventually occurred.