The following EWARM (Embedded Workbench for ARM) compiler/environment versions are supported:
- IAR EWARM 5.3x.
- IAR EWARM 5.4x.
- IAR EWARM 5.5x.
- IAR EWARM 6.1x (C-only).
- IAR EWARM 6.3x (C-only).
- IAR EWARM 6.6x.
- IAR EWARM 7.4x.
- IAR EWARM 7.8x.
- IAR EWARM 8.11x
- IAR EW ARM 8.20.x (Static Analysis Only)
- IAR EW ARM 8.22.x
- IAR EW ARM 8.40.x
IAR EW integration is provided as follows:
- The preferred method of importing EWARM projects is to use the
cpptesttrace utility. See Importing Projects with IAR Embedded Workbench Support for more information.
- C++test also provides a built-in GUI-based EW project importer for EWARM 5.3x-6.3x. The importer is not supported and not recommended for other versions of EWARM.
- The options extractor works directly with IAR EW project files (.
- The project importer accepts both project (.
ewp) and workspace (.
The following components are provided to facilitate testing IAR Embedded Workbench projects:
- Compiler configurations for specific supported versions of IAR compiler for ARM (listed above).
- "Use options from IAR Embedded Workbench project" options source.
- "Import IAR Embedded Workbench projects" importer GUI.
CLI/Batch mode importer: "-ewp" option + "localsettings" properties: "ewp.import.config", "ewp.import.linked", "ewp.import.location", "ewp.import.subdirs", "ewp.import.pathvar.enabled", "ewp.import.pathvar.name", "ewp.import.pathvar.value".
- "IAR_iccarm.mk" Runtime Library build configuration file for building C++test Runtime Library with IAR ARM compiler versions starting from v. 6.1x using 'make'.
- "IAR_iccarm_5_5x_and_older.mk" Runtime Library build configuration file for building C++test Runtime Library with IAR ARM compiler versions 5.3x-5.5x using 'make'.
- Test Configurations prepared for launching Unit & App Testing on C-SPY Simulator:
- Run IAR EW Tests (Batch Template) - uses EW-generated batch scripts ('.cspy.bat') to launch simulator.
- Run IAR EW Application with Mem Monitoring (Batch Template) - uses EW-generated batch scripts ('.cspy.bat') to launch simulator.
- Run IAR ARM Tests - a pure manual simulator configuration.
- Run IAR ARM Application with Mem Monitoring - a pure manual simulator configuration.
- Some option descriptions may be missing from project files that originate from old EW versions or were generated by other means. If this occurs when the GUI-based EW project importer is used, C++test will assume that the corresponding compiler/linker options are absent and will rely on tool defaults. This may conflict with EW's approach of providing internal defaults for options with missing descriptions.
- The C++test GUI-based EW project importer does not support the following IAR EW project (.ewp) settings:
- General Options>Library Configuration> CMSIS> DSPlibrary setting is ignored (regarding linker options).
Workaround: Manually append appropriate library in Parasoft> C++test> Build Settings> Linkeroptions
- The General Options> Target> FPU setting is ignored.
Workaround: Manually add appropriate
--fpu option to Project Properties >Parasoft> C++test> Build Settings> Compiler Options.
- The Linker> List> Generate linker mapfile setting is ignored.
Workaround: Manually add the appropriate
--map option to Project Properties >Parasoft> C++test> Build Settings> Linker Options.
.no_neon- designated core names are not provided to the
--cpu option for Cortex-Ax cores, regardless of the General Options> Target> FPU setting.
Workaround: Switch Use options from IAR Embedded Workbench project mode to Specify all options manually in Project Properties> Parasoft> C++test> Build Settings and manually adjust all options.
Due to the limitation of the preprocessor included with some IAR ARM compiler versions, C++test will not accept the following code for IAR ARM compiler v. 7.2x and earlier:
#define MHZ *1000000l
#define FREQ (1MHZ)
void foo(long freq);
Workaround: space should be inserted between
#define FREQ (1 MHZ)
- C++test does not support the
__nounwind keyword because exceptions are re-thrown after they have been caught. If your program contains
__nounwind, add the following macro to compiler options under Project Properties> Parasoft> C++test> Build settings:
- C++test does not correctly reconstruct multibyte characters in C.