This topic explains how to install the SOAtest plugin into a working copy of Eclipse on Windows. Parasoft Load Test will also be installed during this process.
For details on service pack installation, see the Updating SOAtest with a Service Pack.
In this section:
When Parasoft SOAtest and Parasoft Virtualize are installed on the same machine, SOAtest and Virtualize must have an identical version number. This ensures compatibility between both products. If you are updating an existing installation (including updating from a service pack), be sure to update both products at the same time.
32-bit or 64-bit (x86_64) processor with at least 2 cores
Java 7 or higher
At least 1 GB RAM (2 GB is recommended); Load Test might require more for high loads
The following versions are supported:
- Windows Server: 2008, 2012, or 2016
- Windows 7, 8.x, or 10
Eclipse 3.5.2 - 4.x or Rational Application Developer 8.0
- In Windows Explorer, locate and double-click the self extracting archive.
- Click Yes when a dialog asks whether you want to install SOAtest.
- Click Yes after you have read and agreed with the license information.
- Click Next after you have read the readme file.
- Enter the desired destination directory for the SOAtest Extension files, then click Next. The default destination directory is
- Enter your Eclipse installation directory, then click OK.
- Close Eclipse if it is open, then click OK to close the dialog reminding you to close this program. SOAtest will then start copying files and installing the necessary files into the workbench. Complete additional installation prompts as they open; see Installation Options below for details on specific installation options. A dialog box with a progress indicator will open and indicate installation progress. When the installation is complete, a notification dialog box will open.
- Click the OK button to close the notification dialog box.
To start SOAtest:
- Start Eclipse by double-clicking the appropriate desktop icon or choosing the appropriate menu item from the Windows Start menu.
- Open the SOAtest perspective by choosing Window> Perspective> Open Perspective> Other, then choosing Parasoft SOAtest in the Select Perspective dialog that opens.
- If the Parasoft menu is not visible in the Eclipse toolbar, choose Window> Reset Perspective. If the Parasoft menu still is not visible, ensure that you have the latest version of SOAtest by choosing Help> Software Updates> Pending Updates and installing any pending updates.
To start Load Test:
- Double-click the Load Test desktop icon or choose Programs> Parasoft> SOAtest 9.x> Load Test from the Windows Start menu.
You must install a license before you begin using Load Test or SOAtest.
See Licensing for details on configuring your license.
WTP and Pydev Plugin Installation
WTP and Pydev plugins greatly improve the usability of various text editors and must be installed for SOAtest’s syntax highlighting to work. These plugins can be downloaded and installed from the following locations:
WTP download site:
Pydev download site: