SOAtest can automatically create a .tst based on the endpoints found in a Swagger description. Each .tst generated via the Swagger wizard will contain REST Clients for all of the defined endpoints.
Swagger Specification 1.0 - 2.0 is supported—including any Swagger core versions that are compatible with these specs (e.g., Swagger core 1.0.0, 1.2.4, 1.3.12, 1.5.0-M1, 1.5.0). Java 7 or newer is required to use SOAtest’s Swagger functionality (Java 8 or newer on Mac).
To automatically create a test suite from a valid Swagger definition:
- Choose the REST> Swagger option in one of the available test creation wizards. For details on accessing the wizards, see Adding a New .tst File to an Existing Project and Adding a New Test Suite.
- In the Swagger wizard page, enter the absolute URI at which to find the Swagger definition in the Swagger Definition field. To reference a file on your local system, use a file URL (for example, file:///c:/Users/user/API/api.json).
- Click Next. The Create Environment dialog opens.
- (Optional) Specify whether you want to reference an existing environment or create a new one.
- To create a new environment:
- Select the Create a new environment for your project checkbox.
- Enter an Environment Name and Variable Prefix.
- To reference an existing environment, select Reference an existing environment then specify the appropriate environment file.
- For more information on environments, see Configuring Testing in Different Environments.
- Click the Finish button.
When a .tst is generated, it includes one REST Client for each resource/method pair in the Swagger definition.
- Each REST Client is set to be constrained to the specified service definition and schema (if applicable).
- Its resource URL, HTTP method, and payload (if applicable) are configured accordingly.
- The service's base URL is configured as a "BASEURL" variable, and each resource URL is parameterized with the "BASEURL" variable.
- Query parameters are included with default or sample values (if available) as defined by the service definition.
- If the service definition includes a schema, a sample payload is constructed from (and constrained to) that schema.
In this video, you will learn how to automatically generate tests for endpoints using an OpenAPI/Swagger definition.