This topic explains how to configure an automated nightly testing process that sends results to Team Server.
To automate the nightly testing process:
- In the GUI, define the preferences that you want to be applied across multiple test scenarios.
- For automated reported, be sure to define settings for e-mail, reports, reports> e-mail notifications, Team Server.
- For automated task assignment, also define settings for authors, scope and authorship, scope and authorship> authorship mappings.
- Define the command line arguments needed to achieve your objectives. Use localsettings as needed to override the GUI preferences if needed.
- Remember to use the
-report command to generate a report and the
-publishteamserver command to add the report to the Team Server or the
-publish command to send the report to DTP.
- Develop a script or batch file to invoke your command line interface commands and perform any additional operations you want automated.
- Use a scheduling utility (such as cron or the Windows scheduling program) to run the test at a specified time each night.