Parasoft DTP eliminates the business risk associated with faulty software, accelerates delivery, and facilitates continuous process improvement. DTP monitors and measures the application of quality practices, such as static analysis, unit testing, coverage analysis, runtime error detection, etc., enabling you to assess the quality of your software development process. Data generated throughout the SDLC is collected, correlated, and analyzed in order to deliver intelligent, actionable findings that enable you to focus on the impact of changed code and demonstrate full compliance traceability. DTP applies practices according to your development policies, unobtrusively bridging the gap between business expectations and dev/test activities.
- Integration with open source analysis tools and testing frameworks: Install Parasoft extensions for DTP that enable you to integrate with popular open source tools and systems. Contact your Parasoft representative for more information.
- Leverage code analysis and test execution tools (C/C++test, dotTEST, and Jtest): Automate the collection of development testing data by configuring and deploying DTP’s native code analysis and test execution tools into your infrastructure.
- Interactive explorer views: Dig deeper into static analysis violations, metrics analysis, test results, and coverage through detailed explorer views that show findings in context of the source code, while enabling you to manually execute remediation paths, mark tests to be rerun, and more.
- Intelligent metadata: Flag violations for remediation and tests to re-run or assign actions to improve the efficiency of the development organization and help bridge the gap between technical and business risk.
- Customizable Web-based interface: Leverage built-in or custom dashboards, widgets, and reports for at-a-glance information about the status of development activities.
- Robust REST and Java APIs: Access defects, requirements, tasks, and other data to integrate with other tools and applications that extend DTP functionality.
- Access code from source control directly from the browser: Leverage out-of-the-box integrations with commonly-used SCMs, such as Git, Subversion, AccuRev, Mercurial, Microsoft TFS, and Perforce, or publish sources directly from analysis tools.
- Integration with requirements, agile planning, and defect tracking systems: Create bidirectional traceability across systems within your development infrastructure, such as Jira, codeBeamer, Polarion, VersionOne, TeamForge, and more to enable traceability reporting and customizable DTP workflows.
Advanced Analytics: DTP Enterprise Pack
DTP Enterprise Pack extends your DTP implementation by enabling you to create custom visualizations and workflows.
- Improve software quality and continuously improve development processes by rooting out risky patterns buried deep in the SDLC data.
- Increase DevTest productivity with prioritized, actionable findings that are only triggered when coding patterns violate your policies.
- Enhance your DevTest infrastructure with Parasoft extensions for popular systems or leverage the open API to seamlessly integrate with any SDLC component.
Extension Designer: Predictive Analytics for the SDLC
Extension Designer is the interface for creating and configuring logic flows that apply advanced analysis techniques to expose application hotspots. For example, DTP can collect coverage from unit testing, functional testing, and manual testing activities so that a Extension Designer flow can analyze and report true coverage. Coverage can also be combined with other metrics to identify application hotspots in areas of the application that present the most significant risk. Contact your Parasoft representative for additional information.