In this section:
If your organization tracks and manages software development projects in Jira, you can connect DTP to your Jira system in the administration page. Connecting to Jira enables you to create a Jira issue from the Violations Explorer and Test Explorer views.
You can associate multiple projects in DTP with a project in Jira, but you cannot associate the same DTP project with more than one Jira project.
This feature has been tested with Jira Project Management Software v8.0.2#800010. The feature may not function as expected on other versions of Jira.
- Choose Report Center Settings from the settings (gear icon) drop-down menu.
- Choose External Application [Beta] from the Administration sidebar and enable the Enabled option.
- Enter a name for the server in the Name field.
- Enter the URL of your Jira system in the Application URL field.
- Enter a URL for rendering links to your Jira system from DTP in the Display URL field.
- Enter login credentials in the Username and Password field. The login must have sufficient privileges to create Jira issues in the projects specified in the Project Associations section.
- Click Test Connection to verify your settings and click Save.
- Click Create Project Association and choose a project from the DTP Project drop-down menu in the overlay.
- Enter the name of a Jira project in the JIRA Project field and click Create to save the association.
Click the trash icon to remove a project association. Removing the project association does not remove links. If a new association is created, existing links between violations and Jira issues will be reactivated.