Here are the known limitations of Parasoft dotTEST:
- The Universal Windows Apps project types in Visual Studio 2015 and later is not fully supported. Nuget dependencies that are stored in the
project.jsonfile are not resolved during analysis, which may impact results.
- Some coding standard rules do not support x64 Assemblies.
- Calculating metrics on machines without Visual Studio 2015 may require "Microsoft Build Tools 2015" which can be downloaded from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48159.
- dotTEST cannot calculate metrics for websites written in mixed C# and VB code.
- dotTEST does not support running Microsoft Code Analysis on Web Site projects, and does not report findings reported by Code Analysis on an entire module (such as an assembly).
- Analyzing Visual Basic projects with FlowAnalysis requires additional configuration (see Configuring Flow Analysis for details).
- Due to the MSTest framework limitations, results of MSTest parameterized tests executed with VSTest are accumulated and reported as a single test.
- dotTEST does not support the portable format of PDB files when collecting coverage for .NET Core unit tests and standalone applications. Only the full and pdb only formats are supported.
See Application Coverage for Web Applications for limitations for collecting coverage from web applications.