DTP enables you to demonstrate traceability between requirements managed in your requirements management system (RMS) and:
- Test cases that test the requirements,
- files that implement the requirements,
- static analysis violations detected in the implemented source code files, and
- change reviews and review findings associated with the implementation files (see Change Explorer).
Requirements traceability is facilitated by DTP, but it also requires data from a Parasoft test execution and code analysis tool (i.e., C/C++test, dotTEST, Jtest, SOAtest). Contact Parasoft to download the JIRA Traceability Report extensions and deploy them to your DTP system using Extension Designer. Once deployed, you can readily view the requirement traceability information in the Traceability Report or JIRA Traceability Report.
About Associating Requirement with Files
You can view violation, change review, and test results data per requirement in requirement details reports. These reports can be generated and viewed using a special workflow. on the report requires a special workflow. See Associating Requirements with Files for instructions.
About Associating Requirements with Tests
How to associate requirements with tests is described in the documentation for the test and analysis tool used. See the documentation for the following tools:
- C/C++test (Professional or Standard)
About Traceability Reporting
You can view traceability information after associating requirements with files and associating requirements with tests in a few ways:
- By implementing the JIRA Requirements Traceability DTP Enterprise Pack extension.
- By calling the DTP REST API endpoints for traceability data.