Use the regular Windows program uninstaller in the control panel to fully uninstall the tool. The Mac OS installer ships with an Uninstall Parasoft Recorder Generator utility that you can run if you wish to completely uninstall the tool. The Mac OS utility will be located in your Applications/Parasoft folder.
The following instructions describe how to manually install Parasoft Recorder components if you are unable to use the installer.
The Parasoft SOAtest Web Proxy and SOAtest server must be running before you can record API traffic (see Starting the Web Proxy). If the SOAtest server is running and the default configuration is used to start the proxy, you will be able to start using the extension to record traffic. See Parasoft Recorder Usage if these components are running. You will also need to configure connections to the Parasoft SOAtest Web Proxy and SOAtest server once the browser extension is installed.
Installing the Parasoft Root Certificate Authority
The Parasoft Root Certificate Authority must be installed as a trusted certificate to enable recording of HTTPS traffic. If the certificate authority is not installed, the browser will not consider the connection secure and may refuse to allow the connection.
- Open the Chrome settings page (chrome://settings) and expand the Advanced section.
- Click Manage certificates in the Privacy and security section. The Keychain Access application will open.
- Choose login under Keychains and choose Certificates under Category.
- Choose File> Import items and navigate to parasoft.cer in the [TrafficRecordingExtension_INSTALL] directory.
- Right-click the Parasoft Root Certificate Authority when it appears and choose Get Info.
- Expand the Trust section and choose Always Trust from the When using this certificate drop-down menu.
- Enter your credentials when prompted to save the configuration.
Starting the Web Proxy
If you installed the Parasoft Web Proxy as a Windows service, you can use the SOAtest Web Proxy console to start and stop the proxy.
On Mac OS, the web proxy will be located in your Applications/Parasoft folder.
Manually Starting the Web Proxy
The web proxy is a JAR file that you can run with the
See Advanced Parasoft Recorder Configuration for additional information.
Configuring the Browser Extension
- Right-click the Parasoft icon and choose Options to open the configuration settings. You can also access the configuration settings by clicking the Options link on the chrome://extensions homepage.
- Specify the proxy API port (See Advanced Parasoft Recorder Configuration) and SOAtest server connection settings.
Enable the Secure (HTTPS) option to communicate with SOAtest over HTTPS.
- Click Test Connection to verify your settings and click Save if successful.