You can also specify licensing via localsettings (e.g. for sharing team-wide settings via Concerto/ DTP or specifying options at the command line). See Configuring Localsettings for details.
a DTP License
To install a license when the Parasoft Concerto or Development Testing Platform (available separately) manages Parasoft licensing across your team or organization:
- (Recommended for Concerto/ DTP admins) Go to the Concerto/DTP License Server supported tools database and ensure that the appropriate version of the product is shown there Verify that the product and version you are licensing appears in the DTP License Server. If not, update the tools database as described in the Concerto/ DTP Admin Guide.
- Choose Parasoft> Preferences to open the Preferences dialog.
- Select the License category in the left pane.
- If the appropriate server is not already set (from the auto-configuration process described in C++test Configuration Overview, specify the server’s host (either a name or an IP address) and port.
- If you have multiple Parasoft products installed, open the tab for the Parasoft product you want to license (e.g., Jtest, SOAtest).
- Select the EnableLicense option.
- Select the Network option.
- Indicate the license type that you want this product to use by selecting the appropriate option in the Edition box.
- If you want to use the product for a short period of time when you will not have access to Concerto/ DTP (e.g., because you expect to be working from home, you will be travelling, your team will be upgrading the machine hosting Concerto/ DTP, etc.), check borrow and specify how long you need to "borrow" the license.
- When you borrow a license, one of the available licenses (on the ConcertoDTP) is locked to your machine for the specified amount of time. You can then disconnect from the network and use the product without accessing Concerto/ DTP.
- Licenses can be borrowed borrowed from 1 hour to 14 days.
- License borrowing requires PST 2.6 or higher or Concerto/ DTP.
- Click OK to set and save your settings.
If you want to deactivate a license, choose Parasoft> Deactivate License. To reactivate it, choose Parasoft> Activate License.
If you want to have a license automatically deactivated after 30 minutes of inactivity, enable the Start deactivated, release automatically when idle option. To change this behavior, disable this option.
When the license is deactivated:
When the license is reactivated:
Jtest network license -custom edition with various features
jtest.license.custom_edition_features=Static Analysis, Unit Testing, Code Review, Command Line jtest.license.network.edition=custom_edition