This topic describes how to connect all team Parasoft products C/C++test to Parasoft Team Server, which supports centralized administration and application of test practices.
Parasoft Team Server is the software that manages the team-wide distribution and sharing of Test Configurations, rules, rule mappings, suppressions, skipped resources, code review tasks, and test results. All team Parasoft products should be connected to Team Server to enable centralized administration and application of test practices.
Before you proceed with the team deployment, ensure that Team Server is successfully installed and deployed on one of your organization’s machines. If you need information on obtaining, installing, or deploying Team Server, contact your Parasoft representative.
- Choose Parasoft> Preferences to open the Preferences dialog.
- Select the Parasoft> Development Testing Platform> DTP> Team Server category in the left pane.
- If the appropriate Team Server is not already set (from the auto-configuration process described in C++test Configuration Overview:
- Enable the Enable Team Server option.
- Enter your Team Server’s host (either a name or an IP address) in the Host name field.
- Enter your port in the Port number field.
- If your team requires users to log in to Team Server, check Enable account login and then enter your Team Server username and password in the appropriate fields. Depending on how your Team Server was configured, each team member might have a unique Team Server username and password, or all developers might share a single "generic" account.
- Click Test Connection to verify the connection to Team Server.
- If you want to minimize the number of operations on Team Server by reusing cached data, check Enable cache mode.
- This can improve performance, but there is a small risk that outdated rules or Test Configurations could be distributed (if the file was updated since the caching, which is set to occur every 8 hours by default). If a file has been updated since the caching, users can force a refresh by clicking Refresh.
- Click Apply to apply your settings.
- Click OK to set and save your settings.
Extending the Team Server Timeout Period
By default, Parasoft Test C/C++test waits 60 seconds for a response from Team Server. If a response is not received within this time, it times out.
To ensure that resource data settings and suppressions are still available after renaming a project, you can use the export wizard to copy data with path relocation; for example:
Creating a new version of the general project connected to a new Team Server user
From this point forward, any changes in configurations, rules, or suppressions in one version will not affect settings in the other version.
Modifying the project/solution layout
For example, assume that your team decides to add artifacts in separate folders: you have all artifacts in /My Project/src/... but you want to have them in /My Project/... To make this move without losing the data on Team Server, you can copy data from /My Project/src to /My Project.