- Ensure that you have a data source configured in Virtualize and available for the Message Responder.
- Click the Add button in the appropriate part of the Data Source Correlation tab, provide an XPath, URL parameter, URL path and/or criteria expression and select the appropriate column name. When the deployed virtual asset is exercised, Virtualize will extract the specified values from the request, then search the named column for a match that corresponds to the extracted value. If a match is found, the data in the corresponding data source row will be used to populate the response
- If you specify the same column name multiple times (e.g., in URL Parameters and URL Paths), only one value will be set; the previous value(s) will be overwritten.
- If a WSDL was provided, the XPath can be generated using the Edit button. That dialog validates the XPath expression and the column name in real time.
- Virtualize validates the XPath syntax while you type/edit these XPath expressions—if you choose to customize them instead of using the visual Edit option.
- Wildcards can be used in the data source column.
- Expressions (e.g.,
[> "55"], [like "alpha?beta*"], [like "*b*" or like "*a*" and like "*z*"]) can be used as described in in Criteria Expressions for Matching Values with the Message Responder.
- See Data Source Correlation Options below for details on the available configuration options.
- Parameterize the Response area of the Message Responder by referencing other data source columns within that same data source (i.e., Form Input, Form XML, etc.). You can add several XPaths or URL parameters to column name mappings.
For more details on processing, see see Criteria Expressions for Matching Values with the Message Responder.