Exporting and importing repositories is helpful for data backup and restoration, as well as for sharing repositories across the team. For instance, if one division wants to import a snapshot of the repository at a given time, then extend it in ways that don’t impact the rest of the team, this can be achieved by exporting the desired snapshot, then importing and extending it independently of the original repository.
Import/export is not available for data repositories on the embedded Data Repository server.
Backup in CTP
Repositories used in CTP environments are automatically included when you back up those environ-ments. You can also export/import repositories from the Virtualize UI at any time.
To export a repository:
- In the Data Repositories view, click Export Repository.
- Specify where you want to save the JSON archive that will be created.
If you import into an existing data repository, all existing data will be erased before the import is performed.
To import a repository:
- In the Data Repositories view, select the repository where you want to import the exported repository archive file.
- If you import a repository archive into the same repository from which it was created, the archive file will overwrite the current contents of that repository (i.e., restoring any modified data to its original state).
- If you do not want to impact any existing repositories, create a new empty repository for the import.
- Click Import Repository.
- Specify the location of the JSON archive.