This topic explains how you can perform static code analysis with C/C++test test Plugin for Wind River Workbench Plugin 4.x.
To perform static analysis on one or more files:
|Table of Contents|
Configuring the Project
C/C++test Plugin for Wind River Workbench 4.x supports the following project types:
- Downloadable Kernel Module
- Real-Time Process
Before you analyze your C/C++ code, be sure the project is properly configured. Open the Properties of the project, go to Parasoft> C/C++test> Build Settings and ensure that the following options are configured:
- The Use Options from Wind River Workbench project option is selected from the Option source drop-down menu.
- The Build target option is properly set.
- The Synchronize with project settings option is enabled.
The compiler family and executables are automatically set during during the first analysis run.
Performing Static Analysis
- In your IDE, select the resource(s) you want to test.
Choose Parasoft> Test Using> [Test Configuration] in the menu bar.
Alternatively, use the drop-down menu for the Run Tests toolbar button to access the Test Using option.
- Run a static analysis test configuration. See Running a Test Configuration for information how to launch a test configuration.
- Review the results when the analysis is completed. See Reviewing Results and Reviewing Static Code Analysis Results for details.